Popular Posts

Monday, August 15, 2011

I LOVE YOUR WAY


I love the way
your hand
glances across my skin
the way
your fingers caress
each fine silken hair
standing erect
in the follicles of my back

the way
eastern breezes
embrace
as your whispered breath
cools
falling
on the curved
arch of my spine

I love the way
you hold me close
rocking
swaying
perfect rhythm
to the beat
of evening’s lullaby
bodies bathed by moonlight’s kiss

I love the way
you push up to me
lips nuzzled
against my neck
my heart
jumping
skipping
playing hop-scotch
in my chest
pounding
so loud
you feel it
thru my back 

I love the way
you make me forget
the crickets
the whistling frogs
who watch
from the windowsill
moths flitting
circling
gecko reaching
belly flattened on the screen
heart beating
synced with mine
ours

the tick tock
of the analog clock
the siren’s wail
high, low, fading

labored breathing
escalating
sliding into
murmurs
sound of lids
closing
darkness
midnight’s symphony

toes exposed

intertwined
arms, legs, fingers, minds,
finds comfort
peace in sleep
each night

I love your way

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this piece... it is so intimate .... without it being about sex at all. That is a perfect picture of intimacy. Lovely piece.

    ReplyDelete

Hey Guys...your comments are welcomed..Blessings Cher